Spring Valley Workers’ Compensation Attorney
Skilled Workers’ Compensation Lawyers In Spring Valley, NV
Nobody ever anticipates an injury at work, yet workplace injuries happen every day here in Spring Valley and throughout Nevada. In 2019 alone, Nevada reported over 35,000 nonfatal workplace injuries among private industry employers. Fortunately, state workers’ compensation laws provide that every worker who suffers a work-related injury can receive benefits to cover their losses. But what happens when the system doesn’t work to the benefit of the victim?
Although the best-case scenario would be that workers’ compensation benefits would automatically kick in so you could get the medical attention you need to begin to heal, getting the benefits you deserve is not always that simple. This is when you may need the assistance of a skilled Spring Valley workers’ compensation attorney. At the David Boehrer Law Firm, we can help.
What You Can Expect From Workers’ Compensation Benefits
If you’ve suffered a work-related injury, workers’ compensation provides benefits for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Physical rehabilitation
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Temporary disability
- Permanent disability
Although workers’ compensation was designed to be a safety net for injured workers, it is not always easy to maneuver the claims process. If your claim is not successful, you can be saddled with substantial medical costs and no income. While not all workers’ compensation claims will require the intervention of a Spring Valley workers’ compensation attorney, there are some instances when you should get skilled legal assistance to get the benefits you deserve.
When Should You Hire A Workers’ Compensation Lawyer?
In the state of Nevada, the claims process and timelines for filing for workers’ compensation benefits are very strict. If the injury isn’t reported or a claim filed within those constraints, you may lose the right to compensation. You may need legal representation in this case or in several other instances, such as:
- Your workers’ compensation benefits are denied. — Unfortunately, many who are injured on the job give up when they are denied benefits. Under the law, you have the right to appeal or take other legal action.
- The insurance company is blaming a pre-existing condition. — Insurance companies notoriously try to mitigate their financial exposure by downgrading injuries or claiming they were not the result of your work environment.
- The employer denies the injury was work-related. — A good Spring Valley workers’ compensation lawyer will be able to establish the link between your injury and your workplace.
- Your benefits are not enough to cover your costs. — Not all workers’ compensation settlements are good or fair ones. In this case, having an experienced Spring Valley workers’ compensation attorney on your side is critical.
- The insurance company says you are ready to go back to work, but you disagree. — Because this is established by the insurance company’s doctor and not yours, they may claim you are ready to return to work if your duties are modified before you feel you are ready.
- You may need to file a third-party claim. — You may have a claim against another party that isn’t covered under your employer’s workers’ compensation coverage.
- Your employer has retaliated.– If your employer has harassed you or fired you after filing for workers’ compensation, you will need the help of a skilled Spring Valley workers’ compensation lawyer to hold them accountable.
Getting The Legal Assistance You Need
After a work-related injury, you should understand your legal rights. With an experienced attorney in your corner, you can get the workers’ compensation benefits you truly deserve.
If you have been injured on the job, call the skilled team of Spring Valley worker’s compensation attorneys at David Boehrer Law Firm. We provide the guidance and advice you will need to get fairly compensated for your injuries under Nevada law. Call us at (702) 750-0750 or contact us through our website to schedule a free consultation.