Pahrump Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Experienced Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Pahrump, NV
Workplace injuries can occur even if you work at a desk or laboratory. The best way to avoid workplace injuries is to put safety strategies in place. Unfortunately, even with the best safety strategies in place, injuries and illness still happen in the course of work.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that there were roughly 2.8 million cases of workplace injuries and illness claims in 2019 in the private sector. The law provides compensation for any person who suffers injury in the workplace.
The Pahrump Workers’ Compensation Law applies to you if:
- You are considered an employee under Pahrump law, and
- You are injured at work or while doing any activity that benefits your employer.
If you fall under both categories above, you are entitled to workers’ compensation. The Workers’ Compensation Law is designed so that injured employees get medical care and replacement income.
Unfortunately, the system (of workers’ compensation) does not always operate as well as it should. The reason for this is that most employ insurance companies and employers do not want to pay workers’ compensation benefits. They are reluctant to do so — unless they absolutely must.
This is why you need the help of a Pahrump workers’ compensation attorney. You need to get the benefits you are entitled to receive as an injured worker in Pahrump. But, how do you know that you are getting everything you are entitled to receive? And when do you need some extra help?
When Do You Need A Pahrump Workers’ Compensation Lawyer?
Not every injured employee may need to hire a workers’ compensation lawyer. After all, the workers’ compensation system is designed to be relatively easy for injured workers to navigate.
If your claim is straightforward and undisputed by your employer or the insurance company, you may handle your own claim. Unfortunately, the compensation process is hardly ever that simple. Most workers will need to or can benefit greatly from hiring a Pahrump workers’ compensation lawyer.
You should contact one if you find yourself in any of these situations:
- Where your employer is refusing to pay any compensation: This could happen because they do not think that you were actually hurt at work. It could also be that they don’t agree that your injury resulted from something work-related. Whatever the reason, if you should be getting workers’ compensation benefits, and you are not, then you need a workers’ compensation attorney.
- You have not received payment for your lost wages: You may have received the money for your medical care, but not the disability benefits to cover your lost wages. This payment is required if you could not work due to the injury. If your employer or their insurance company insists that you are not entitled to this benefit, then there is a problem. You need a workers’ compensation attorney.
- You lost your job after your workplace injury: It is against the workers’ compensation law for an employer to fire a worker who suffered a workplace injury. In fact, the law frowns at your employer for treating you unfairly at work because of your injury. If your employer terminates you or treats you unfavorably after your workplace injury, then, by all means, get a Pahrump workers compensation attorney.
- You think you deserve more compensation: Your employer may pay you an amount covering some of your medical costs, but not everything. If you believe that you deserve more than what your employer is offering, you need to talk to a Pahrump workers’ compensation lawyer.
- You have a permanent workplace injury, and your employer offers you a lump sum. This sum may be unfair and may deprive you of your rights to medical care and the additional benefits that you deserve.
- If your employer is delaying the payment of your benefits.
Contact David Boehrer Law Firm
Have you been injured at your workplace? Do you want to ensure that you receive all of the benefits you are entitled to from your employer? Then you should think about getting the help of an experienced Pahrump workers’ compensation lawyer.
David Boehrer Law Firm offers a free consultation, and we operate on a no-fee policy. This means that we do not get paid until we win. If you win your claim, the workers’ compensation insurance company will pay your legal fees. We have collected millions in settlements for our clients in similar workers’ compensation cases. We do all we can for injured workers, and we have recorded outstanding results.
Let us help you get the compensation you need, and you can rest assured that you won’t have to struggle with a financial burden as you get treated for your workplace injury. Contact us today.