What Do I Do if I am in a Car Accident in Henderson, Nevada?
In the blink of an eye, a car accident can change your life forever. Car accidents can be stressful, traumatic, and disabling. The moments after a crash might find you in shock, unsure of what just happened, what to do next, and how you’ll afford the expenses associated with your medical expenses and property damage. Below, you’ll find important information on what to do after a Nevada car accident. For a free legal consultation on your Henderson car accident, contact a skilled and compassionate personal injury attorney at the David Boehrer Law Firm.
- Seek medical care: Most importantly, make sure that everyone in your car and that of the other driver has not been seriously injured. If there are major injuries, seek emergency medical care before doing anything else. As soon as possible after an accident, see a doctor. Even if you don’t feel injured, there are certain conditions that can arise from an accident that don’t show their symptoms right away but which can benefit from immediate treatment. Ignoring these conditions could result in you losing the right to later seek damages for these injuries.
- Exchange information: Nevada state law requires that drivers stop and exchange information at the scene of any accident. Make sure you get the other driver’s name, address, phone number, insurance information, driver’s license number, and license plate number before leaving the scene of the accident.
- Take photos of the damage: Be sure to take numerous photos of your car, the other driver’s car, the position of the cars at the time of the crash, and any debris or fluids that may have spread onto the roadway. These photos can be helpful when you later file a claim for damages.
- Speak with anyone who may have witnessed the crash: Eyewitnesses can be invaluable resources in a personal injury lawsuit. If anyone has stopped to offer help or is standing nearby and may have seen the crash, be sure to speak with them and obtain their contact information.
- File a report: Nevada state law requires that, if law enforcement did not come to the scene of an accident, drivers report any crash to the DMV that has caused physical injury or death to one of the drivers, and/or caused property damage worth at least $750.
- Contact an experienced personal injury attorney: Either the at-fault driver or their insurer may make a quick attempt to settle your claims, offering cash for your injuries before you’re even sure of how much they’ll cost you. Before agreeing to settle, or even before making any recorded statements to insurers, speak with a knowledgeable Nevada personal injury attorney. The David Boehrer Law Firm has been advocating for Henderson accident victims for years, and we’re prepared to fight for the damages you deserve after a Clark County traffic accident.
Help is Available after a Serious Henderson Car Accident
For assistance in getting the money you’re owed after a Nevada crash, contact a dedicated and effective Henderson personal injury attorney at the David Boehrer Law Firm for a no-cost consultation at 702-750-0750.