Tips for Avoiding Motorcycle Accidents
The Henderson Metro Police recently reported that deadly motorcycle crashes have increased by 14 percent this year, and so far this year there have been approximately 2,300 accidents resulting in injury. These injury accidents often occur in busy intersections such as the intersection of Tropicana Avenue and Koval Lane.
Injuries arising from motorcycle crashes
A motorbike’s design provides very little physical protection for the rider. They have evolved into sleeker and faster units, making them less visible to motorists. As a consequence, if you are involved in a motorcycle accident, you can suffer minor to serious physical injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Head and brain injury
- Spinal cord damage or paralysis
- Disfigurement of the face
- Nerve damage around the limbs
Preventing motorcycle accidents
Improved rider and bike visibility and slower speed are key factors in reducing your risk of motorcycle crashes, and the severity of injuries should an accident occur. As well,
- Wear a DOT-compliant helmet to reduce your risk of head and facial injuries.
- Use protective clothing to reduce risk of tissue damage
- Don’t drink and operate a motorcycle.
- Don’t use a cell phone, even when it’s hands-free, while riding a motorbike.
- Bright-colored clothing and white helmets can reduce risk of motorcycle crashes. Wear them.
- Use high- or low-beam headlights during the day to maintain good visibility.
- Observe traffic rules particularly when negotiating a turn at an intersection and when occupying roads with motor vehicles.
If you or someone you know is injured in a motorcycle accident, you or the victim may be entitled to compensation for the injuries and damage sustained. Your Henderson personal injury lawyer can help assess your situation, prepare documents and records to substantiate your claim and injuries, negotiate with the negligent party or their insurance company, and aggressively pursue your case in court in order to obtain the just compensation that you deserve.
In the greater Henderson area, the law firm of David Boehrer has years of experience in motorcycle accidents, helping clients obtain the fair and full value of compensation that they deserve. We also handle other personal injury cases such as car and truck accidents and wrongful death.